OUR TOP CATEGORIES
With the recent inclusion of disc brakes in today’s pro peloton, the debate between rim brakes and disc brakes has been heating up. This guide highlights the major differences between rim and disc brakes, the pros and cons of each braking system and whether the upgrade to disc brakes is worth the price tag.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_separator class="blog-detail-seperator"][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width="1/2" el_class="blog-detail-sub-image-outer"][vc_single_image image="23457" img_size="large" alignment="center"][/vc_column][vc_column width="1/2"][vc_column_text]
HOW DIFFERENT ARE RIM AND DISC BRAKES?[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width="1/2"][vc_column_text]
ADVANTAGES OF RIM BRAKES
- Rim brakes are lighter than disc brakes — often as much as a 0.5KG.
- Rim brakes are easier to repair.
- Rim brakes cost less.
ADVANTAGES OF DISC BRAKES
- Disc brakes offer greater stopping power, which can be helpful on long descents.
- Disc brakes don’t heat the rim, which has been known to cause tire blowouts on long descents when rim brakes are used.
- Disc brakes allow for more precise braking, making wheel lockup less likely.
- Disc brakes work better than rim brakes in wet weather.
- Changing rotor sizes allows you to adjust how much braking power you want.
- It’s easier to use wider tires with disc brakes.
- Some manufactures have been able to highlight that rim brake technology has assisted in making bikes more aero dynamic by reducing drag
WHAT’S RIGHT FOR YOU?[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][rev_slider_vc alias="blog-detail-bottom-cover"][/vc_column][/vc_row]
OUR TOP REVIEWS
The Bianchi Infinito CV Disc is a sensational bike and I love the custom build Jack and his team came up with.
Jack supplied me with a new R5 Disc. It was great decision and I really appreciate Jack's recommendation to go for the R5
Great customer service and professional services. Highly recommended.
Excellent product, staff and service. Highly recommended.